The Kamaji Tree is located in the WellNest which I’m lucky to share with two other wonderful practitioners – Wendi Cleckner, Midwife, Freedom and the Seed and Juliana Bishop, Medical Herbalist and Astrological Counselor.
Wendi Cleckner - Licensed Midwife, Certified Professional Midwife
Wendi is a desert child at heart, born and raised on the Arizona clay. In 1993 she helped a friend through the birth of her first child and felt a passion to devote her life to moms and babies.
The calling of midwifery has blessed her with travel across the world, taking her to the Philippines, the Sudan and Iraq. She believes in the intrinsic knowledge women hold in the ability to bring forth life, and will continue to work both individually and with the community, rallying for women to give birth as they choose.
As the President of the Arizona Association of Midwives, she leads the birthing community in empowering change at a grassroots level.
Some of the services provided include:
- free pregnancy tests
- nutrition assessment and counseling
- physical exams
- regular prenatal appointments for mother and baby
- full range of prenatal laboratory work and testing
- childbirth education and personalized birth plans
- labor and birth care at home
- labor and/or birth in water
- newborn assessment and care
- breastfeeding support
- post-partum care, including home visits
- parenting support and referrals
- family planning education
Find out more by visiting www.freedomandtheseed.com